If customer happiness is the objective then NPS aka net promoter score is one of the best ways to get there. An index ranging from -100 to 100, NPS clearly gauges the loyalty or the enthusiasm of a customer to recommend your brand to their near and dear ones.
This simple metric has brought groundbreaking changes to CX and has become very much significant in such a short time. The reason is…
Organizations can use their net promoter score to discuss problem areas, improve the experience of their customers, monitor loyalty trends, and grow revenue.
What is an NPS tool?
NPS tool helps you survey your customers’ loyalty, categorize them as per their satisfaction data, and keep in touch with them. It helps you find out whether your customers would be willing to recommend your brand to others and improve many other assets of your company.
A well-designed NPS tool features NPS calculation, automation, survey scheduling, customer segmentation, intuitive dashboard, reports, real-time notifications, etc. to help you make the most of your NPS survey.
How to choose the right NPS tool?
Every company’s requirements are unique. You will need dedicated NPS software with innovative survey distribution channels, specific analytic and reporting features to conduct successful NPS surveys. It should also feature integrations to incorporate NPS scores and feedback into your existing platforms. In other words, the right NPS tool will streamline the entire process.
So, here are the factors that will help you choose the right NPS tool for your business.
- Survey Volume
You need to make sure that the software you choose can manage the volume of surveys you intend to send. Most companies restrict survey volume by pricing tier, depending on the number of surveys you send via a particular distribution channel.<
The workload gets simplified when all of the platforms and applications you use every day perform well together. Also, the user doesn’t have to switch between multiple platforms as all the operations can be done on the existing platform itself. So look for an NPS tool that integrates with your existing applications seamlessly. It should blend effortlessly with your technology, workflows, and communications.
- Survey Templates
Pre-built survey templates are one of the most important must-haves for any NPS tool. It reduces your workload and saves time for creating manual templates. Customizable survey templates also allow you to apply your brand’s colors and attach your logo to any surveys that you send out. You don’t have to build a survey from scratch. A little bit of editing here and there and you are ready to go!
- Customer Segmentation
The best NPS tool will segment your customers into three categories, namely, promoters, passives, and detractors amongst other segments such as tags, demographics, etc. The respondents are classified into these categories according to the score given by them in the survey. Your software should allow you to save this data in your CRM, help desk, and billing systems and trigger workflows immediately.
15 Best NPS Tools of 2022
We’ve done our bit of research and shortlisted 15 of the best NPS tools you should check out in 2022. Here, take a look at the tools that can help you organize, share, and analyze your NPS surveys.
SurveySensum is a powerful NPS survey tool that helps you make customer feedback actionable. The tool lets you determine when to conduct a survey, what questions to ask, how to interpret results, and prioritize actions to assist you in focusing on your business goals. Using this free NPS tool, you can analyze data with real-time, journey-based dashboards, and identify customer issues with a sentiment analysis feature.
SurveySensum offers best-in-class features to conduct efficient NPS surveys.
- You will get instant automated alerts on detractors so that you can respond to them in time and get more information.
- The tool offers real-time customized dashboards to take quick actions and make improvements.
- The innovative Text and Sentiment Analysis technology automatically extracts quantitative data from unprocessed, qualitative information to discover patterns and trends within the text.
- SurveySensum can easily integrate with your existing apps.
- Using SurveySensum, you can create surveys in the language of your choice.
- Easy to use interface
- Automated workflows improve speed and reduce errors.
- Features excellent customer support team
- Some app integrations are missing
- Custom branding missing
- Use all features for free for 25 responses every month!
- Pay for the responses you want. Check their flexible pricing here.
2. Zonka Feedback
Zonka Feedback is a great NPS Survey tool that can create NPS Surveys and send them to your customers through multiple channels to measure customer loyalty and satisfaction. It notifies you of detractors, collects actionable feedback, works on it, closes the feedback loop, and converts your detractors into promoters.
- Measure NPS at every touchpoint with multiple channels – SMS, email, website, Android tablets, and smartphones.
- Gather survey responses both on-premises as well as on the go.
- Get notified with real-time notifications for angry customers, at-risk customers, and detractors. Reach them out to improve their experience and reduce churn.
- Create customized NPS surveys, white-label surveys, and add your own logo and branding to them.
- Very easy interface to set up and use.
- Allows Zapier Integrations and easily integrates with other tools like Slack, Google Sheets, Shopify, Webex, and more.
- Offers a free trial for 15 days.
- Free version is yet to come.
- Starts from $29/month.
- Professional plan – $79/month.
- Growth plan – $169/month.
- Enterprise plan – $429/month.
- Custom plan – Personalized billing.
3. Nice Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is an NPS tool that helps you capture customers’ voices. It enables you to gather feedback from a wide variety of channels such as social media, chatbots, and email. Plus, you can instantly send surveys using its powerful integration with customer relationship management tools like Salesforce. Once feedback is received, it will be run through Satmetrix’s text analytics feature, which can recognize trends on your behalf.
- Nice Satmatrix offers out-of-the-box analytic charts, graphs, and data for improved efficiency.
- This tool has a “survey builder,” which makes creating NPS surveys and survey logic easy.
- It offers multilingual support that allows you to use multiple languages for your surveys.
- Setting up survey is quick and easy
- A good support team is available all day.
- Integration feature needs improvements
- Difficult to conduct and manage multiple surveys
- Best for broad insights about client base rather than customer-specific insights.
Contact Nice Satmetrix for detailed pricing
GetFeedback is a customer experience solution purpose-built for integration with Salesforce (other integrations are also available). This software offers several CX tools, including NPS surveys and a wide variety of resources. It provides in-built templates to speed up the setting up of mobile-friendly, responsive NPS Surveys, which you can white-label and customize to add more questions.
- It has powerful analytics tools.
- It distributes surveys with comprehensive multi-channel options, including e-mail, web apps, mobile apps, and even SMS.
- It allows user segmentation for more targeted outreach.
- Excellent integration
- Visualizations and graphics are customer-friendly
- Very easy to use and customize
- Customer support is not up to the mark
Contact Getfeedback for detailed pricing
Promoter.io features a high-quality end-to-end NPS platform that will help you analyze your customers’ opinions and actions through powerful surveys. It enables users to examine their NPS in real-time, divided by detractors, passives, and promoters. This dedicated NPS software also allows you to segment your audience by specific demographics and provides insights based on the keywords used by each type of responder.
- Promotor.io has the ability to throttle the number of surveys sent during a period.
- The tool features an individual dashboard with detailed analytics for each campaign.
- It has a calculator for the short-term and long-term revenue of the company based on customer satisfaction and Average Revenue Per User (ARPU).
- It is specialized in NPS.
- It has high-quality segmentation.
- It features easy scheduling.
- Not the simplest tool
- Limited features
- Starting from 199$/month
Delighted lets you run NPS, CSAT, and CES surveys effectively and distribute these surveys via email, web, SMS, and a link and setup are easy. In addition, Delighted also supports multiple integrations with applications such as Salesforce and HubSpot. Delighted’s program concentrates on the free-response follow-up to the NPS question, allowing customers to give insights into why they gave a specific NPS score in their own words. Using Delighted, you’ll get instant, clear feedback on what you’re doing well and what you should improve.
- The app helps you respond to surveys on the email itself instead of using an external link.
- It has innovative branding and customization options.
- Support for customers is available in over 37 different languages.
- The tool can integrate with Slack, Shopify, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.
- It can easily integrate with other apps.
- A lot of different metrics aside from NPS
- It is specifically made for measuring customer experience.
- It is focused extensively on customer experience.
- Measuring NPS across multiple product lines, not the simplest to execute.
- Free – $0/month
- Premium – $224/month
- Premium plus – $449/month
Wootric is an innovative NPS tool that helps you measure customer feedback at all touchpoints of the customer journey. It enables you to reach your audience easily by sending them NPS surveys in-app or via email, mobile, SMS, QR code, link, and more. Wootric also allows you to customize NPS surveys in various languages to satisfy the requirements of your global base of customers. In addition, its dashboard displays the rolling average of your NPS scores, CES scores, etc.
- You can avoid duplicate sampling and access Wootric over various platforms like web, SMS, mobile, and email.
- It offers instant NPS analytics to take quick actions.
- It can view NPS results by product version, account, or any other user characteristics that you define.
- Wootric can easily monitor customer health and retention plans.
- It can integrate with systems like Intercom, Hubspot, and Salesforce.
- It has a simple UI.
- Tagging is not very intuitive
- Interface in general not the best
- Starting from 89$/month
One of the favorite alternatives when it comes to measuring customer experience is NiceReply. It encourages you to follow developments continuously with a variety of charts, time filters, and comparisons. This NPS tool also includes features like customization, analytics, data security, and integrations.
- Nicereply features an Intuitive UI dashboard to manage surveys easily.
- It has follow-up questions, data range features, and insightful reports for better efficiency.
- The tool displays data in CRM and sets triggers accordingly.
- Easy of use
- It has reward features.
- Low cost
- App design needs improvements
- Limited features
- Starting from 39$/month
Retently is a fully automated NPS tool that saves you time and increases your response rates. It allows you to test your surveys to decide which versions get the most responses. You can easily customize your NPS surveys with the inbuilt template editor. The software also has a survey campaign feature that enables you to easily run many NPS campaigns among different customer segments.
- Setting up regular and transactional campaigns is easier with Retently by sending a predefined set of surveys to particular customer segments.
- You can easily target all the customers in your Retently account with a preset filter.
- It allows you to customize survey templates easily according to your style.
- Customers can be easily segmented according to their plans
- It offers precise NPS measurement.
- Ease of use
- It has a built-in email cleaning feature.
- Not very flexible outside NPS
- Starting from 49$/month
InMoment is one of the top-rated NPS survey tools, having a variety of features. It enables you to conduct customizable NPS, CSAT, and CES surveys with real-time score updates on different channels. It also observes customer experience throughout the customer journey, so you can follow trends and take important actions to prevent churn. In addition, it lets you track and analyze the customer sentiments shared in reviews and on social media.
- It offers in-app surveys to boost customer engagement and QR code survey delivery services to enhance engagement.
- Features like tagging, segmentation, custom reports, and dashboards
- All important information can be easily accessed from one location.
- Late response from the support team.
Contact InMoment for detailed pricing
Qualtrics is an NPS tool that helps you measure, analyze, and improve your net promoter score. It allows you to measure NPS at any customer touchpoint via any platform or channels like SMS or email. The Qualtrics NPS tool includes their Predict IQ feature, which couples NPS and operational data to predict customer behavior. This report helps you find which individuals are at the highest risk of churning. Qualtrics also features role-based dashboards to assure the right people on your team get the customer information they need to enhance CX and loyalty.
Now, if you are an existing Qualtrics customer who’s looking for a switch then you may want to take a look at these alternatives to Qualtrics.
- Qualtrics allows you to create, distribute, and analyze web-based NPS Surveys.
- Qualtrics can connect with dozens of channels to help you analyze feedback in real-time.
- Qualtrics’ CustomerXM platform supports predictive analytics, which can show you key trends and patterns.
- Includes many built-in features and templates for data visuals and reporting
- It can be accessed from any device like mobile or PC.
- Customer support slow to respond
- Too pricey
Contact Qualtrics for detailed pricing
Medallia helps you learn more about your customers and analyze their journey. With Medallia, you can follow and interpret the NPS score and easily segregate customers based on their responses. It uses machine and human learning to automatically analyze the NPS feedback and coordinate with the team to take action and solve issues.
- Medallia Experience Cloud can compute scores and give you customer insights.
- Medallia’s platform employs machine and human learning to automatically analyze text feedback.
- Powerful integrations and concise tagging
- Features user-friendly interface
- Lack of prebuilt templates
- Add-on features are costly
Contact Medallia for detailed pricing
Hotjar features a visual dashboard that enables individual analysis of customer responses. The innovative Feedback Poll feature provides an easy process to create NPS surveys. Additionally, you can calculate the NPS score automatically as soon as the target audience submits their responses.
- The tool offers multiple options for where surveys can appear like a small widget, full screen on a webpage, or an external link.
- It has a unique heat map feature, which is a graphical representation of values using colors.
- It allows for results to be e-mailed to team members for analysis from the survey dashboard.
- Intuitive UX
- Easy customization of survey appearance.
- Not specifically made for NPS measurement
- Lacks some important features associated with analyzing and segmenting NPS.
- Basic – $0/month
- Plus – $39/month
- Business – $99/month
- Scale – $389/month
CustomerGauge is an experience management platform that connects customer experience, revenue, and account data. It offers an end-to-end, integrated, Net Promoter Score system for data collection, reporting, analysis, and action. This NPS tool offers both NPS surveys and employee NPS (ENPS) surveys. Using CustomerGauge, you can set up NPS surveys smoothly and measure the loyalty of your customers.
- This NPS survey tool can plug into your eCommerce, CRM, or accounting system to automatically survey customers.
- The app offers a decent array of provisions to handle feedback like auto-result reports, instant alerts, closed-loop tools, and dashboards.
- It is simple and quick to implement.
- It doesn’t require additional software or hardware as it is hosted in the cloud.
- It is a multichannel-enabled tool.
- Lack of integration
- Difficult to navigate
Contact CustomerGauge for detailed pricing
SurveySparrow is an omnichannel customer experience management tool. It features an impressive NPS survey program to gauge customer loyalty. In addition, it offers streamlined workflows, comprehensive dashboards, reputation management, white labeling, and more to make your NPS surveys more reliable. It also allows you to categorize your customers into various groups and follow up with them easily. With SurveySparrow, you can analyze the data and obtain valuable insights to guide your business easily.
- It offers scheduled NPS and ENPS surveys.
- The tool also features preview functionality and dynamic lists for better engagement.
- It has open integrations.
- Includes chat-based surveys
- Responsive customer support
- Lack of email marketing features
- Clunky UI
- Starting from 199$/month
Every business needs a unique NPS survey tool to fit their needs. The right tool helps your CX team to improve productivity and engagement. All of these best NPS survey tools are equipped with useful features to gauge customer loyalty and help you improve customer experience and support. This detailed list will surely help you choose the most appropriate NPS survey tool to grow your business.