Online surveys, undoubtedly are the best means to gather customer feedback online in 2023. And for that, Google Forms is what comes to mind first!
Because it is simple and easy to use.
It is easy to configure and does not need any additional logins, payments, or access permissions, as anyone with a Gmail ID can use it.
Google Forms is one of the oldest and the simplest form builders in use, and it is free. Since it is a part of the Google Suite, you can play with the form builder to create several types of forms to capture information like contact details, customer feedback, interests, etc.
Some of the features of Google Forms are
- Can limit the responses (one per user)
- Cloud data storage on Google Drive
- Real-time data analysis and graphical representation
- Customization and randomization of questions
With so many features let us take a look at why businesses look for alternatives to Google’s native product.
Why do businesses look for Google Forms alternatives?
Google Forms is an easy-go option for many businesses. But sometimes when you need to configure some complicated surveys and need to include external elements, Google Forms is not often the right answer. There are many other limitations to Google Forms. Let’s discuss some.
Limitations of Google Forms
- Google account: You can’t store the data elsewhere. You’d need a Google account to create Google Forms and access the data from Google Drive.
- Customization: Despite the versatility of Google, you’d have limited features and options to customize the forms and surveys.
- Attachments & uploads: You can only upload one file at a time. Texts are limited to 500KB, images are limited to 2MB, and spreadsheets are limited to 40 sheets.
- Data analysis and reporting: It is difficult to create complex and customizable analytical data and detailed reports with Google Forms when dealing with complex data samples or surveys.
- Complex surveys You may often find it difficult to handle complex survey data with Google Forms, and can’t fully utilize the data to the benefit of the business.
These are the reasons why businesses look for other form Google Forms alternatives. So to make it easy for everyone involved in searching for alternatives we evaluated a lot of tools and came up with a list of 10 alternatives.
Here’s how we evaluated them.
How did we evaluate the various Google Form alternatives?
We identified and evaluated multiple alternatives to Google Forms based on factors like
- Key features
- Availability of a free trial and a free version
- And rating from G2, a popular business software and services reviews website.
Based on the above criteria we narrowed down our list to the 10 best available alternatives.
|We filtered the tools that we believe have the essentials for an online survey and forms tool. We also selected tools that have unique features.
|The free trial was one key criterion for our evaluation. So, we shortlisted companies that offer a free trial for customers to use and understand the software better.
|The tools that had a free version were a big YES for us, as it helped us get first-hand experience of the tools.
|The pricing of any tool is a key evaluation factor. We selected the tools that were reasonably priced for their functionality, ease of use, and more.
|G2 is one of the most-trusted business software review platforms today. So we evaluated how each Google Form alternative tool ranked in terms of customer reviews out of 5.
A Detailed Overview of the 10 Google Form Alternatives
|Google Forms Alternative
|Starts at $49/per month
|Starts at $34/per month
|Starts at $7.99 per month
|Starts at $25 per month
|Starts at $13 per month
|Starts at $15 per month
|Starts at $39 per month
|Starts at $20 per month
|Starts at $14.08 per month
|Starts at $15 per month
Top Google Form Alternatives in 2023
Here’s the top 10 list of Google Form alternatives. The list comprises both paid and free-form builders that make them the perfect alternatives.
SurveySensum is a leading online survey tool and a form builder that is easy, affordable, and efficient. Best used by the automotive, insurance, and BFSI industry, SurveySensum meets all the business requirements you have around customer feedback better than most of the Google Form alternatives.
It helps you create NPS, CES, CSAT, market research, and all kinds of surveys and forms quickly. Allows you to share them on multiple channels with multiple people and gathers all the responses in one place in real-time. Post that, it analyzes all the responses with text analysis and gives you the top trends with easy reporting and insightful dashboards.
- Data encryption to keep the data private and secure.
- Seamless integration with third-party software and apps.
- Quick and easy customization of the surveys to make them visually appealing.
- Text and Sentiment analysis feature to understand the emotions behind responses
- Automated word cloud to group tags automatically
- Send survey forms directly to your customers’ WhatsApp.
- Create and share NPS, eNPS, CES, CSAT, and other types of surveys quickly with built-in templates
- Customizable pricing plans to choose from
- For heavier integrations, you may need team support.
Free Trial: Yes, it offers a free plan and free trial.
Pricing: Pricing starts at $49/month
JotForm is a way more advanced and creative form builder than Google Forms. It helps you create compelling surveys and forms to collect customer insights. And offers unlimited customization, data collection, conditional logic, reports, and automated workflows.
- Mobile-friendly form builder & theme customization
- Offline data collection
- Collects online payments, e-signatures, and files
- E-mail notifications and alerts
- Unlimited form duplication
- Fast & flexible
- Nearly inactive customer service
- Expensive & alignment issues with pdfs and docs
Free Version: Available and limited to 5 free forms per month
Price: Starts at $34/per month
#3 Microsoft Form
Microsoft is a perfect form builder in many ways. It is widely known to businesses and people and can easily integrate into Excel. It is not free unless you have an Office 360 subscription.
- Easy to set up forms and surveys
- Visual drag & drop editor available
- Import or export data to and from Microsoft Excel
- Compatible with any web browser
- Customizable themes for forms
- Best for general-purpose surveys
- Unique features like QR code, spreadsheet support, etc.
- Limited text options and multiple choice answers
- Not free for everyone
Free Version: Free trial available, no free version
Pricing: Starts at $7.99 per month
TypeForm allows you to create simple forms quickly, without any friction. Its surveys are usually short, crisp, and to the point with interactive themes and design elements. And it offers so many customizations that you’ll never get bored.
- Plenty of built-in templates and customization options
- Uses conditional logic and features to build contact forms
- Integration with popular apps
- Attractive and easily visible CTA buttons
- Visually presentable & pleasing
- Easy to set up and create
- Embedding to other pages is not easy
- High pricing
Free version: Free plan is available
Pricing: Starts at $25 per month
#5 Zoho Forms
Zoho Forms is part of the Zoho Apps. It allows you to create forms, share them online, send alerts, and gather data in one place. It enables you to create beautiful forms without needing to know any piece of code and integrates with the app you already use.
- Create, edit, and manage forms offline
- Payment-friendly design forms
- Built-in team collaboration tools
- Drag & drop editor with 40+ field types
- Built-in analytics and data export facility
- Extremely customizable
- Easy to learn without any coding skills
- Complicated integrations
- Not mobile-friendly
Free version: Free version is available
Pricing: Starts at $13 per month
SurveyLegend is an advanced online form builder and a perfect Google Forms alternative in several ways. It helps you create mobile-friendly, responsive, and user-friendly forms and surveys for users. And the best part of SurveyLegend is its flexibility and customization possibilities.
- Beautiful design themes and templates
- Mobile & tablet-friendly surveys
- Built-in analysis tool to get real-time survey insights
- CSAT templates to measure customer satisfaction
- One-click shareable surveys using emails, FB, Twitter, URLs, etc.
- Auto-saves answers even before users press the submit button
- Super easy to set up and use
- You need a paid account to access and use the data
- Quite pricey if you need advanced features
Free version: Free version available
Pricing: Starts at $15 per month
What makes SurveyMonkey a perfect form builder is that it lets you create surveys, polls, quizzes, etc. without any hassle and offers a vast range of customization options.
- Has over 1600+ expert questions to choose from
- Multiple templates for different audiences
- Uses conditional branching and skip logic
- Has WordCloud and Sentiment Analysis
- Export data in multiple formats
- Unique reporting tools & custom dashboards
- Easy to brand surveys on paid plans
- The free version has very limited features
- The survey formatting and interface are not-friendly
Free version: Available
Pricing: Starts at $39 per month
If you are looking for a simple form builder, then Paperform is the right choice. And the unique thing about Paperform is that their forms look like landing pages.
- Built-in templates to create any type of forms
- Built-in order management and inventory system templates
- Has product catalog templates with payment options
- Target marketing campaigns and graphic elements on surveys
- Create forms like landing pages and run PPC ads
- Visually appealing UI interface
- Easy to configure and use
- Limited integrations
- Customer services are available only online
Free version: No free version, but a 14-day free trial is available
Pricing:The essential plan starts at $20 per month
Wufoo is a cloud-based form builder and is all about simplifying the form-building process. It has an award-winning UI that allows businesses to customize the forms as they want. Also, it lets you create quick forms for registration, contact, surveys, payments, etc., hassle-free.
- Drag and drop editor to create forms quickly
- Upload files in multiple formats
- Secure data transmission using 256-bit SSL encryption
- Real-time updates on responses
- Customize branding on surveys and customize reports as you want
- Extremely user-friendly user interface
- Easy to create, share, and embed forms and surveys
- Plans are expensive
- No on-call customer support
Free version: Free version is available
Pricing: The starter plan begins at $14.08 per month
#10 Cognito Forms
Cognito Forms is a well-known freemium survey tool. From simple to complex surveys, you can create anything you want with them. Moreover, it offers powerful features and can be integrated with the apps seamlessly.
- Has a myriad of built-in templates to start right away
- Visual drag and drop editor to build forms quickly
- Lets you integrate forms to payment services like Square and Paypal easily.
- Provides a built-in data management system
- Conditional logic to capture real-time information
- Excellent customer support
- Easy to set up and use
- Not useful for building complex forms
- Incomplete documentation – users need to learn things by trial and error method
Free version: A free plan is available
Pricing: Starts at $15 per month
Though there are multiple other tools in the market these were few of the many that made it on our list. We hope this list has helped you discover a few alternatives that you can use based on your use case and requirement.
To choose the best alternative for your businesses, ask yourself
- Why do you want to create a form or survey?
- What is its intended purpose?
- Who is your target audience?
Then match your requirements against the features of each tool and you’ll find the one that’s most suitable for you.
Meanwhile, you can try SurveySensum for free!
We promise you – it is the simplest survey platform you’ll find.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) on Google Forms alternatives
Though Google Forms is free, it has several shortcomings. And there are many other alternatives that work best. Such as SurveySensum is one of the best Google Form alternatives for its features, integrations, plugins, usability, and functions. It lets you quickly create NPS, CES, CSAT, eNPS, and many other surveys. And comes with text and sentiment analysis features to make it even more purposeful.
There are several online form builders and survey tools available in the market. We have listed down the ten best Google Form alternatives here.
- Microsoft Forms
- Zoho Forms
- Cognito Forms
Google Forms is a free tool that you can use with your Google account. Despite its limitations, it allows you to create simple online forms and add standard questions, drag-and-drop functions, color themes, list-down menus, and more. You can view the responses online or export them to a Google spreadsheet. However, some of the Google From features are paid.
Jotform is better than Google Forms, providing hundreds of templates and widgets to make your survey more interactive. But when considering the endless features, functionalities, and integration possibilities, SurveySensum is the best alternative to Google Forms and ranks above Jotforms. SurveySensum is an all-in-one survey platform that allows you to create quick and easy surveys without rigorous training or lessons. It is also easy to share your surveys over multiple platforms.