Have you ever wondered why you keep going back to your favorite restaurant or cafe?
Well, the obvious reasons here are they offer what you want, the taste is second to none, and the service is just impeccable. In other words, you are extremely satisfied.
Similar is the case with customer-centric businesses.
If you keep your customers satisfied, they will keep coming back to you and can even refer you to others.
In fact, building a customer-centric organization that focuses more on satisfaction is 60% more profitable than others.
So, how are you measuring the satisfaction level of your customers?
By using the best CSAT tools, right?
Well CSAT tools will help you understand how satisfied your customers are, how you can reduce customer churn, and consequently, how you can improve your products and services.
Although survey tools are more prominent in measuring customer satisfaction, many other tools help you enhance your customer experience, satisfaction, and retention leading to increased revenue.
So without much ado, let’s jump straight into the list of best CSAT tools you can use to measure satisfaction.
Let’s dive in.
Best CSAT Survey Tools in 2023
Following is a quick overview of the pricing of each CSAT tools and the user rating we got from the G2 platform.
|CSAT Tools||Pricing [Basic plan]||G2 Ratings|
|Ease of Use||Quality of Support||Ease of set up|
|SurveySensum||$99 per month||9.4 (10)||9.9 (10)||9.1 (10)|
|Qualtrics||$120 per month||8.5 (10)||8.7 (10)||8.3 (10)|
|SurveyMonkey||$20 per user per month||9.2 (10)||8.6 (10)||9.0 (10)|
|GetFeedback||Not Available||9.3 (10)||9.0 (10)||9.3 (10)|
|InMoment||Not Available||9.3 (10)||9.0 (10)||8.8 (10)|
|Nicereply||$59 per month||9.4 (10)||9.1 (10)||9.0 (10)|
|NICE Satmetrix||Not Available||8.3 (10)||9.1 (10)||7.9 (10)|
|Jotform||$34 per month||9.3 (10)||8.8 (10)||9.2 (10)|
|Formstack||$50 per month||8.8 (10)||8.5 (10)||8.9 (10)|
|Survicate||$89 per month||9.2 (10)||9.4 (10)||9.0 (10)|
|Delighted||Not Available||9.6 (10)||9.3 (10)||9.4 (10)|
|Google Forms||$12 per user per month||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
SurveySensum is one of the best CSAT tools available in the market. It is AI-powered and facilitates the creation, distribution, and analysis of surveys with ease. Also, the tool is so intuitive that users without much expertise can also use it.
It is suitable for businesses of all sizes and is affordable for startups and SMBs. Renowned for NPS, CES, and CSAT surveys, it offers a comprehensive CX program that covers every stage. This includes gathering customer feedback for analysis and actionable insights.
- Its text analytics features automatically tag and segment customers based on their feedback.
- The surveys are customizable. Users can customize both the survey questions and design.
- Its real-time data analysis and visualization feature allows users to track survey responses and analyze them to identify growing trends.
- Multilingual support enables users to reach out to more diverse audiences.
- The robust security system set in place ensures top-notch privacy and security for customer data.
Is SurveySensum Worth it?
Yes, it is.
SurveySensum, a unique channel for survey distribution, stands out by offering WhatsApp integration and other tools like Zapier, Salesforce, etc. With real-time notifications, users can get prompt responses to negative feedback. Its user-friendly interface ensures efficient survey creation and the cherry on the top is its affordable pricing that caters to all types of businesses.
The tool offers a free version with unlimited users, surveys, and questions. The paid plans start from $99 per month.
Qualtrics is a CX management platform that helps businesses run, analyze and act on customer feedback. The tool is widely used in academia, market research, and business settings for data collection and feedback analysis.
- It offers a user-friendly interface with a wide range of question types, logic, and customization options. Users can create surveys from scratch or use pre-made templates.
- The tool offers multichannel distribution, including channels like email, social media, and website.
- The tool is compliant with various data security standards and regulations. These include GDPR, ISO 27001, and HIPAA, ensuring the security and privacy of collected data.
- Provides real-time data analysis, advanced statistical analysis, and customizable reporting options. Users can view data in a variety of formats, including graphs, tables, and text responses.
Is Qualtrics worth it?
Customer reviews on G2 reveal that Qualtric’s customer support is disappointing. With limited email support and slow issue resolution, it fails to meet expectations. Another drawback is that it is expensive for startups, SMBs, and large businesses.
However, SurveySensum offers 24×7 omnichannel customer support to offer exceptional customer services and it’s also cost-effective making it accessible for businesses of all sizes.
Though it offers a free version, the features are limited. The basic plan starts at $120 per month for one user.
Learn about the best Qualtrics alternatives you can use for measuring customer satisfaction.
SurveyMonkey is yet another of the CSAT tools you can try. The tool is also an AI-powered survey tool and offers actionable insights by analyzing customer feedback.
- The surveys are customizable and can be created from scratch.
- Multi-channel survey distribution through channels like email, social media, and the web. It also supports embedded surveys on web pages.
- The skip logic feature personalizes the survey questions based on the customer’s previous responses.
- Offers stringent data security and privacy and is compliant with GDPR, HIPAA, and other regulations.
Is SurveyMonkey worth it?
SurveyMonkey has several limitations that include hard in analyzing the data and getting unpresentable data while exporting the reports. And the number of devices is limited to the users – restraining them from using and launching surveys from anywhere.
SurveySensum, on the other hand, has an in-house Text Analytics software that allows you to analyze thousands of open-ended feedback in no time and you can create and launch your surveys anytime by simply logging into the account from any device.
The pricing of its basic plan starts at $20 per user per month.
The next on the list of CSAT tools is GetFeedback. It’s a comprehensive CX management tool designed to help businesses understand their customers. It is a cloud-based platform and can be connected with any third-party tools.
- Its seamless integration with Salesforce allows companies to sync their customer data into their CRM data and get a holistic view of customer relationships.
- Its advanced analytics provide actionable insight from customer feedback. This helps in improving customer experience and thereby inducing satisfaction.
- Supports multi-channel survey distribution.
- It offers real-time analytics of customer feedback, helping identify growing trends and patterns.
- It also allows businesses to embed feedback widgets on websites and mobile apps.
Is Getfeedback worth it?
Another one of the CSAT tools, Getfeedback does integrate with Salesforce but it does not integrate with Pardot and other local tools. And it requires IT help while implementing the tool.
However, SurveySensum is a go-to tool as it integrates with multiple tools like WhatsApp, Zapier, Slack, etc. Also, it does not require any IT help for the implementation of the tool as its user interface is simple and easy to use.
GetFeedback doesn’t provide a clear view of its pricing plans but offers a 14-day free trial.
Nicereply is a customer feedback tool and sixth on our list of CSAT survey tools. It offers one-click surveys that provide insights into customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy. In addition, its dashboard is easy to navigate and visualizes all your CSAT, CES, and NPS data.
- It has robust integration with various CRM systems. This includes Zendesk, LiveAgent, Pipedrive, and more.
- You can use in-signature surveys to ask customers for feedback at the bottom of every email.
- The post-resolution email surveys can be used to survey customers automatically after you resolve an issue.
- The surveys are customizable to include your branding elements and ask the right survey questions.
- The tool allows you to measure the performance of your automated mail surveys. You can see how many surveys were sent, opened, and answered.
Is Nicereply worth it?
Overall the tool is good but it doesn’t calculate the CSAT surveys properly. On the other hand, SurveySensum lets you calculate and analyze your CSAT survey score daily, monthly, and yearly as well – giving you the overall customer satisfaction score.
Nicereply doesn’t offer a free version but provides a 14-day trial for all its paid plans. The plans start at $59 per month for 3 users.
6. NICE Satmetrix
NICE Satmetrix is a customer experience management (CXM) software you can use to measure customer satisfaction. It combines customer feedback and data analytics to provide a complete view of the customer journey.
The tool was purpose-built for managing the customer experience management process. You can effectively close the feedback loop with customers and enhance customer experience.
- You can map the entire customer journey, making understanding how users interact at each touchpoint easier.
- The tool’s advanced analytics capabilities help identify growing trends and patterns in customer behavior. The capabilities include text analytics, predictive analysis, and trend analysis.
- It also offers real-time analysis of customer feedback across various channels. This helps in identifying and addressing customer issues quickly.
Is NICE Satmetrix worth it?
The limitation of this tool is its user interface is complex to use and can be difficult for beginners to learn and get handy of it. While SurveySensum offers an easy-to-navigate interface leading users to easily understand the tool and launch surveys hassle-free.
The pricing details of the tool are available upon contact.
This is yet another CSAT tools that helps you understand and improve your customer interactions. It provides a wide range of features that help to collect, analyze, and act on customer feedback across multiple channels.
- Its Experience Intelligence (EI) platform uses AI and ML to analyze customer feedback from various sources. As a result, it provides actionable insights into customer behavior and predictive analysis.
- The Employee Experience (EX) tool collects and analyzes employee feedback and offers insight to improve workplace culture and productivity.
- The tool’s Experience improvement (XI) feature provides action plans and strategies to improve your customer experience.
- It integrates with various third-party systems such as CRM, ERP, and HR systems.
Is InMoment Worth it?
In the InMoment survey tool, customizing the surveys as per your brand requirements is difficult. Also, it requires coding expertise to change or create survey themes.
In contrast, SurveySensum lets you customize your surveys with multiple in-built templates and themes available without any need for coding expertise.
They don’t provide information about their pricing plan. Contact their team to know more.
Jotform is an online form builder and survey tool that simplifies survey creation and sharing. The tool is user-friendly and has robust customization options. It allows you to run, collect, and analyze customer feedback to understand how satisfied your customers are.
- It has a simple drag-and-drop feature to create forms and surveys.
- The tool also has a vast library of pre-designed templates you can use for various purposes. These purposes include surveys, registrations, order forms, and more.
- Its conditional logic feature helps you create dynamic surveys based on user responses. This leads to a more personalized and efficient data collection process.
Is Jotform worth it?
One can say it is worth it but it comes with limited free plan and customization options. SurveySensum, on the other hand, gives users all the features in its basic plan with multiple customization options.
The free version offered by Jotform is limited to 100 monthly submissions for 1 user. The paid plans start from $34 per month.
Also, take a look at some effective Jotform alternatives.
Formstack is an intuitive platform that offers a range of tools to transform how you collect and analyze data. The tool is flexible and provides secure data collection. This allows you to accelerate your marketing and business operations without sacrificing security and compliance.
- The tool offers customizable surveys with its robust and easy-to-use form builder feature.
- It can integrate with over 40 third-party tools and web applications. This includes Salesforce, MailChimp, PayPal, and Google Sheets.
- Its built-in data analytics and custom reporting tools help analyze form submissions to identify trends and patterns.
- It offers high data security with encryption, SSL, CAPTCHA, and password protection.
Is Formstack worth it?
There are some drawbacks that the Formstack tool has including a lack of survey customization, and is considered expensive for startups and SMBs.
However, with SurveySensum you can customize and create any type of survey, be it NPS, CSAT, CES, etc. with dynamic themes available. Also, it is pocket-friendly for all business types.
The tool offers a free trial for its paid plans, and the pricing starts from $50 per month.
Here are some 15 Formstack alternatives you can choose from as your ideal CSAT survey tool.
Survucate is a powerful survey tool that you can use to get valuable insights and improve your customer experience. This is another one of the CSAT tools to measure the customers’ satisfaction level. The platform interface is user-friendly and allows you to create and manage surveys easily.
- It allows you to tailor your surveys with advanced customization options.
- You can target a focused audience with Survicate depending on criteria like behavior, location, or demographics.
- It also provides triggering options, enabling you to display surveys at specific moments. For instance, you can display a survey when a user intends to leave the web page or reach a specific page.
- The tool offers multiple feedback channels. This includes on-site surveys, email surveys, embedded surveys, and more.
- It provides real-time analysis and reporting, giving you instant access to survey results and insights.
Is Survicate Worth it?
Survicate can be worth it but its basic plan offers a limited range of question types and survey customization options, potentially restricting the range and types of survey design. SurveySensum, on the other hand, offers multiple customizable templates and themes, allowing users to create surveys that align with their specific branding requirements.
The pricing starts at $89 per month for 3 users.
Delighted is a customer feedback platform that helps you gather actionable insights and measure customer satisfaction. The platform offers a range of templates to create surveys, and the drag-and-drop options make it easier. It also provides a Slack integration, making it easier to communicate with the team.
- It supports multi-channel survey distribution. The channels can be email, on-site, SMS, and more.
- Its customization option allows you to tailor the surveys to align with brand identity and collect specific feedback.
- It supports CSAT, CES, and NPS surveys and is also optimized for mobile devices.
- The real-time feedback analysis feature allows you to monitor customer sentiment and trends.
Is Delighted Worth it?
Well, this CSAT tool is quite hard to set up the web survey and extremely difficult to give a custom link per unique contact. But in SurveySensum, users can easily create surveys using its in-built templates, providing a convenient and time-saving option for survey creation. And, it provides a custom link per unique contact, enabling personalized survey experiences and enhanced data collection.
They offer a free version of the tool but no free trials. The basic plan starts at $224 when billed yearly. Contact the Delighted team to learn about monthly pricing.
12. Google Forms
Google Forms is a free online survey tool to gauge customer satisfaction. With this tool, you can create surveys, quizzes, and questionnaires. The tool also allows you to access, create, and edit surveys through websites, mobiles, or tablets.
- It provides easy drag-and-drop options, making it easier to create and run surveys.
- It has a range of survey question types and customization options to personalize the surveys.
- Multiple users can simultaneously work on the same form, making it very handy for team projects or group surveys.
- Responses are captured automatically and can be viewed in real-time, allowing for immediate analysis and tracking.
- Google Forms provides advanced features for branching questions and conditional logic. Users can set rules based on responses to previous questions, enabling personalized and dynamic forms.
Is Google Forms Worth it?
Google Forms integrates only with Google suite tools – limiting the options for connecting with external platforms and software. It also offers limited design customization.
On the other hand, SurveySensum lets users integrate with multiple platforms like WhatsApp, Slack, and more, expanding the options for survey distribution and data collection. Also, it offers easy survey creation with its multiple in-built templates, enabling users to quickly create surveys hassle-free.
The tool is completely free for personal use. For business purposes, the pricing is $12 per user per month.
Also, take a look at the various Google Form alternatives you can use for measuring customer satisfaction.
Top CSAT Tools
The tools we discuss in this section are not essentially survey tools, nor can they measure CSAT scores. But these tools have unique features that help you understand touchpoints where customers are feeling dissatisfied and aid in improving it.
Following is a brief overview of these CSAT tools, their pricing, and the G2 user rating.
|CSAT Tools||Pricing [Basic plan]||G2 Ratings|
|Ease of Use||Quality of Support||Ease of set up|
|MS Clarity||Free||8.8 (10)||7.9 (10)||8.8 (10)|
|Hotjar||$32 per month||8.9 (10)||8.6 (10)||8.9 (10)|
|Hootsuite||$99 per month||8.4 (10)||7.9 (10)||8.4 (10)|
13. MS Clarity
Microsoft Clarity is a free user behavior analytics tool that captures how customers use your site. It helps you understand how users interact with your website and the areas of friction experienced by the users.
You can improve the overall experience of your website/app by identifying where, when, and why users are bouncing off.
- Its heatmap feature lets you know where your users interact most and least. This helps you identify the website elements that are attracting attention and those that are being ignored.
- You can watch replays of user sessions to see how users navigate the website. Insights from these can be used to improve and enhance the website’s usability.
- Its unified dashboard provides a summary of all crucial user behavior metrics. This includes click frequency, scroll depth, and navigation paths.
|The tool is free to use||No real-time data|
|Easy to use and implement||Limited integrations|
|It’s compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations||Limited customization|
The tool is completely free.
14. Hotjar – they were built for website analytics primarily
Hotjar, like MS Clarity, is another non-survey tool you can use to understand the customer satisfaction level. This user behavior analytics tool provides insights into how users interact with your website/app.
The tool uses both analytics and customer feedback to help you understand user behavior at a granular level. By understanding how users interact with your business, you can optimize accordingly to improve the user experience.
- The heatmaps in Hotjar allow you to visualize all clicks, taps, and scrolls within your website. This will give you a better idea of what users want, care about, and interact with.
- The tool lets you identify at what step in the conversion funnel the users are dropping off. Thus it helps you understand which touchpoints are causing user frustration and need improvements.
- You can directly ask users for their feedback with non-intrusive polls. The surveys can be customized to get more detailed feedback.
- You can also record user sessions in real time and how users navigate through your site. The feature lets you know where your users are getting stuck and what they skip over.
|The interface is intuitive and user-friendly||Limited integration options|
|Easy to implement||Mediocre customer support|
|Real-time insights on user behavior and interests||Key features are available only on top-tier plans, which are expensive|
Hotjar offers a free version of the tool and free trials for its paid plans. The paid plan starts at $32 per month.
Hootsuite is actually a social media management platform. It helps you manage, schedule, and analyze social media interactions across multiple platforms.
So, how can it help in measuring customer satisfaction? For instance, you can run a quick survey on all social media channels. You can customize the survey questions to measure the customers’ satisfaction level.
It supports various social networks, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Its analytics feature can track the sentiment of your brand mentions across various social media platforms. This can give you an idea of how customers feel about your brand, product/services.
- It can also be used to monitor and respond to any brand mention. This way, you can ensure that any customer complaints or issues are addressed promptly, improving customer satisfaction.
- It provides in-depth analytics and customizable reports to help you understand social media performance and audience engagement.
|Increase efficiency and productivity||Unresponsive customer support|
|Comprehensive analytics||Lagging user interface|
|Have a learning curve|
|Plans with advanced features are quite expensive|
Hootsuite doesn’t offer any free version but offers a free trial for its paid plans. The pricing starts at $99 per user per month.
Measuring customer satisfaction is, without a doubt, a necessity for all businesses. And it is essential to choose the right customer satisfaction software to measure it.
By leveraging these tools, you can gauge customer sentiments, identify pain points, and make necessary improvements to enhance your overall CX. In addition, these tools can empower your business to listen to the voice of the customers and take steps to meet their expectations.
Now, remember there are several factors to consider before choosing a CSAT tool. This includes your specific requirements, budget, scalability of the tool, and more. You can make use of the free versions and trials offered by these tools to check whether they are best suited for you.
Just keep in mind that a satisfied customer is a loyal customer. With that said, try out the free version of SurveySensum and see if it fits your business. The free version offers unlimited users, surveys, and questions. Try the tool now!