12 best SurveyMonkey Alternatives & Competitors of 2023
If you are looking for the best free alternatives to SurveyMonkey, then you are at the right place.
Each survey tool comes with different capabilities and is available at diverse price points. Though often we assume a brand or product is the best in the industry, we always look for alternatives that can fully meet our business preferences and is a value for money.
SurveyMonkey is survey software that helps organizations gain insights into their audience. It is one of the most prevalent survey tools in the market. You can use it as general-purpose software for conducting surveys and generating insights.
But that’s not enough for the organizations. And they start looking for SurveyMonkey Alternatives.
12 best SurveyMonkey Alternatives & Competitors.
- SoGoSurveys [now Sogolytics]
- Google Forms
Why look for SurveyMonkey Alternatives?
Though SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular research tools in the market, it has some significant shortcomings that may cause businesses to look for better options.
SurveyMonkey is still a generic software that doesn’t do any better to enhance the customer feedback management process. Organizations that are very particular about understanding their customers’ journey at multiple touchpoints and wish to deliver an end-to-end customer experience end up looking for SurveyMonkey alternatives.
So, if you are looking to improve CX by focusing on it in detail, then you may want to look for an end-to-end customer experience management tool and hence, the need for SurveyMonkey alternatives.
After rigorous research and based on user reviews, here are some of the reasons why people look for SurveyMonkey alternatives.
- It is more of a generic survey software than a dedicated customer feedback software.
- The free account has limitations.
- It is difficult for new users to configure page logic.
- Unavailability of export options in the standard license
- Limited survey design elements
- Protection factors
- Advanced features are costly
There are many drawbacks to the SurveyMonkey platform. So let’s talk about the best alternatives to SurveyMonkey in the market.
A Detailed Overview of SurveyMonkey Alternatives
|SurveyMonkey Alternatives||Features||Free Trial||Free Version||Pricing||G2 Rating|
||Yes||Yes||Starts at $49/month||4.7|
||Yes||Yes||Contact to know the pricing details||4.4|
||Yes||Yes||Business – $99/month
Enterprise – $499/month
Elite – Contact for more information
||Yes||Yes||Basic – $29 per month
Plus – $59 per month
Business – $99 per month
||Yes||No||Contact to know the pricing details||4.5|
||Yes||No||Essential – $69 per month
Premium – $149 per month
Business – $299 per month
||Yes||No||Contact to know the pricing details||Not available|
||Yes||Yes||Advanced – $1188 per year||4.5|
||Yes||No||Collaborator – $55 per month
Professional – $165 per month
Full access – $275 per month
||Yes||Yes||Plus – $25 per month
Pro – $66 per month
Premium – $99 per month
||Yes||Yes||$12 per month||Not available|
||Yes||Yes||Essential – $79 per month
Premium – $169 per month
12 Best SurveyMonkey Alternatives & Competitors
We have compiled a list of the 10 best alternatives to SurveyMonkey. Let us explore their best features, pros, cons, and pricing factors in detail.
There is no better free alternative to SurveyMonkey than SurveySensum.
It is an AI-enabled feedback management platform that helps you gather customer feedback, analyze it, and take action on it to boost your customer satisfaction and loyalty.
And not just that. It offers you a text and sentiment analysis tool that helps you identify the customer sentiments and the top complaints so that you can resolve their issues to enhance the customer experience.
You can use this VoC tool to evaluate the ease of use and customer satisfaction at multiple touchpoints. It allows you to visualize insights and make the right decisions in time.
SurveySensum is the best SurveyMonkey alternative as it offers prompt support, unlimited training, customizable surveys, etc., along with high-end data security measures.
- NPS, CES & CSAT surveys
SurveySensum offers you in-built templates of multiple surveys such as NPS, CES, SSI, product, onboarding, pulse, surveys, and more; helping you launch a survey in just 2 minutes. All you need to do is select the template, add your branding and you are good to go! It is the best alternative to SurveyMonkey NPS.
- Text and Sentiment Analytics
Eliminate the need for tagging conversations manually. Analyze and identify top customer complaints and sentiments automatically using machine learning and artificial intelligence-enabled text and sentiment analytics.
- Powerful dashboards and quick reporting
Get a quick view analysis of your survey program from powerful dashboards, such as what’s your overall NPS score, how many promoters, detractors, and passives are there, what are the top customer sentiments, what are customers talking about, and more. And not just that, you can extract any kind of reports you want by segregating them based on your requirements and share with your stakeholders.
Going back and forth from multiple platforms can be a real hassle. That’s why you can seamlessly integrate any kind of platform that you use every day such as Outlook, SalesForce, Hubspot, Zendesk, Zapier, etc with SurveySensum.
- Instant notifications and alerts on critical responses
- Easy to use and intuitive platform
- Great customer support
- Designing and creating questionnaires and surveys are quick and easy
- Pay only for what you need
- APIs or technical support needed to integrate with third-party apps
- Offers a free version and a free trial
- The basic plan starts at $49/month for 250 responses. Check their flexible pricing here.
Remember SAP? Yeah, SAP owns Qualtrics, and it works best in multiple industries like healthcare, finance, tourism, retail, automobiles, etc. Yahoo, Microsoft, Yamaha, and many other prominent brands use Qualtrics. It is one of the best free alternatives to SurveyMonkey.
Qualtrics offers you functional features like predictive AI, Automated actions, customer experience management, business value realization, etc.
- Customer Feedback
Qualtrics offers a great customer feedback tool that generates real-time insights into the customers’ experience. It prevents any kind of negative feedback to impact the brand as they are taken care of in time. Also, improving customer loyalty, optimizing customer onboarding, increasing brand awareness, and more.
- Closed Loop Follow Up
Use detailed feedback and insights to resolve bad customer experiences immediately and convert your detractors and passives to promoters. This tool lets you tag negative and positive messages, automate support, and close the loop quickly.
- Voice of the Customer Tools
Listen to your customers during their journey with your products and services and understand what matters to them most. Personalize products and services, generate powerful insights, and prioritize actions and decisions.
- It is flexible, easy to learn, and to use.
- Excellent customer support
- Customizable survey questions
- Weak data analysis options
- Not the best option for SMEs or growth-stage companies
- Complex customization process
- Offers free trial
- Pricing details are not available. You need to contact the support team to get the exact pricing information.
SurveySparrow is an all-in-one platform that optimizes all the touchpoints in a customer’s journey with intelligent features and an omnichannel experience.
It uses multi-level feedback systems to survey customers about their experiences. And you can easily integrate it into multiple ecosystems like Google, SalesForce, Zendesk, Freshdesk, Slack, etc.
- Offline & Online Data Collection
It removes internet dependency and allows you to collect data online and offline by entering a kiosk mode. It helps you collect data offline and synchronize it to the database whenever the internet resumes.
- No-code Chatbots
Use a fully-automated chatbot system to engage your customers and capture their feedback. It is easy to configure as pop-up cards, conversational bots, or embedded codes and offers real-life-like conversations.
- Flexible and easy-to-capture feedback & data
- Built-in survey templates and simplified processes
- Multiple channels to distribute surveys
- Renaming is only possible with the Enterprise license
- Drag-and-drop customization is confusing for a user
- Inadequate customer support
- Offers a free plan for personal users and a 14-day trial for premium plans and businesses users
- The platform has three premium business plans.
- Business – $99/month for 10,000 responses and 30,000 email shares.
- Enterprise – $499/month for 50,000 responses and 150,000 email shares.
- Elite – Contact for more information
Typeform is a great SurveyMonkey alternative that offers several options to drive growth. It provides intuitive UI/UX and many interactive mediums to engage the audience.
TypeForm is highly responsive and offers brand customization options. The data collection part is fun. It integrates with several apps and software like MailChimp, Salesforce, etc. Some of its features are question branching, anywhere embedding, easy-to-share reports, etc.
- Easy to Integrate APIs
Connect easily with the most common integrations like Google Forms, Slack, Canva, Google Analytics, Microsoft Teams, etc., or get a custom workflow for your requirement to save time and energy.
- Customer Feedback
It is easier for users to get more feedback and measure customer loyalty with conversational forms, video feedback, and interactive chatbots. The interactive sessions using photos and videos give a personalized user experience.
- Question branching logic for deeper insights
Make personalized follow-up questions using conditional logic to get more qualitative insights into their feedback. Branching questions from follow-ups help you make realistic and conversational surveys.
- Offers several customizations, question types, and design options
- Lets you embed TypeForm into your website or apps
- Integrates with several third-party apps or APIs easily.
- Response limitations and feature restrictions in the free version
- Each time the tool is updated, it gets expensive
- Expensive for small businesses and startups
- Offers a free plan
- Their pricing plan is as follows –
- Basic – $29 per month
- Plus – $59 per month
- Business – $99 per month
GetFeedback is an agile and quick customer feedback tool that helps you enhance the customer experience quickly using creative interactions and digital experiences. Make the right decisions on time and improve customer retention by identifying and eliminating friction points.
GetFeedback provides top-notch CX services to retain customers and win back customers who already left you. It allows you to listen to the customers and deliver personalized solutions to increase loyalty, interaction, and customer satisfaction.
- All-in-one customer feedback management
GetFeedback offers an all-in-one tool to analyze and manage customer feedback in real time. It enables you to send surveys to the right person at the right time and compile all the surveys together to identify the NPS score, CSAT score, CES score, and more.
- Seamless integrations with apps
Connect your customer feedback data to hundreds of third-party software and APIs like Salesforce, Slack, Google Analytics, Zendesk, Jira, etc., and create purposeful insights in real time.
- Automate tasks on critical feedback
Drive actions from customer feedback and create customized notifications for the team. It lets you create workflows and alerts so that the team can immediately act upon critical feedback and maintain customer experience.
- Easy to use and flexible interface
- Intuitive UI
- Easy to set up and integrate with apps
- Already a costly platform but gets more expensive every year
- Misses critical features like user permission setting and sharing control
- Unable to edit CSS or HTML files and has limited survey customization features
- Does not offer a free trial
- Contact the sales team for personalized quotes
Qualaroo uses powerful AI analysis and research tools to gather feedback and generate insights from it. It offers you in-depth details of your customers, their locations, duration history, and more.
Moreover, Qualaroo gives you customizable questions and templates to create efficient surveys. It is multi-device compatible and provides features and functionalities like question branching, libraries, online and offline feedback collection, and integration with several APIs and tools.
- AI Sentiment Analysis
It uses IBM Watson-powered AI tools to generate accurate insights on customer sentiments in real time. Identify keywords and tag emotions like happiness, sadness, fear, frustration, and more to offer personalized solutions to customers.
- Question Branching
Question branching logic allows you to branch out questions to visitors based on the information provided. You can set multiple message screens with premium licenses to customize messages.
- Nudge for Prototypes
Customize your prototype designs to generate insights quickly. Just use a URL to start collecting insights and get summaries and analytics in the dashboard.
- Advanced targeting and white labeling options
- Highly effective A/B testing with Nudge Prototypes
- Automatic translation allows users to send surveys in any language
- Limited options to export data in multiple formats
- Offers limited features in the trial version
- Unable to embed surveys in mail body or create custom charts
- Offers a free trial for 15 days
- Their paid plan is as follows
- Essential – $69 per month
- Premium – $149 per month
- Business – $299 per month
UserReport is another great choice for a SurveyMonkey alternative. It runs as part of your website, allowing you to interact directly with your customers. It has two widgets that make the entire process easier – a survey tool and a feedback tool.
UserReport provides an easy-to-set-up kit to identify your customers and increase your sales pitch. Create quick surveys, collect feedback, and integrate with Google Analytics to view segmentized insights. It helps you monitor the customer satisfaction level to offer an enhanced experience.
- Google Analytics Integration
Integrate Google Analytics to UserReport and generate various insights based on demographics and user preferences to offer a personalized customer experience with heatmaps to track user activities.
- Survey Widget
Survey creation is easier in UserReport. Use free code snippets and paste them on your website to generate feedback. Identify user feedback, NPS score, demographics, and much more.
- Feedback Widget
Use the Feedback widget to compile user ideas and create products and brands that people love. Prioritize features by upvoting and creating localized and customizable graphics.
- Easy to integrate with websites
- Easy to use and set up
- Not suitable for low-traffic websites
- Offers free version
- Contact the sales team to get customized quotes.
Question Pro allows you to customize surveys and themes to suit your branding when interacting with your customers. It also helps you create your surveys with logos, desired fonts, and graphics.
QuestionPro is a great alternative to SurveyMonkey as it allows you to integrate with hundreds of applications and collaborate with people easily. You can create multilingual surveys and have 30-plus different surveys to choose from.
Identify what is best for your promoters and how to win your detractors using NPS surveys. NPS+ gives you the advantage of accuracy, improved customer experience, and a voting system to identify critical issues.
- Voice of the Customer Tools
Use multilingual and multi-device-compatible surveys to understand the voice of the customers at their convenience. Make use of surveys, interview questions, emails, etc., to create successful VOC programs.
- Easy to set up and survey
- It is easy to edit, add, or restructure surveys.
- Can create surveys in multiple languages
- Data importing is a bit complicated process
- Provides must-have features only in paid versions
- The user interface is not as modern or intuitive as other survey tools.
- Offers a free plan
- Pricing starts from $129/month for 35+ question types and branding options
If something similar to SurveyMonkey is all you need, go for Alchemer.
Alchemer (earlier known as SurveyGizmo) is a rich platform that offers several features and an intuitive user interface. The one thing that forces users to try Alchemer is its pricing and reporting section.
Alchemer offers unique question types and complex filters in reports. It allows companies to create surveys and collect feedback the way they want.
- Customer Feedback
It allows you to deliver a holistic customer experience by responding to feedback at the right time using data visualization, custom workflows, integrations, and more.
- Feedback Collection
Run sophisticated surveys to collect feedback and generate deeper analytics about customer experience. Use segmentation features to identify relevant information and integrate the CRM or ERP with the software.
- Survey software is flexible and easy to set up & use
- Excellent customer support and assistance
- Can import raw data and share it in multiple formats
- New features rolled out are pricey
- Limited customization options
- Cannot track previous survey responses when you make a follow-up survey
- Offers a free trial
- Their paid plan includes –
- Collaborator license starts from $55/user/month
- Professional license starts from $165/user/month
- Full access license starts from $275/user/month
Sogolytics, previously known as SoGoSurveys is an experience management platform that helps you get feedback and insights into customer and employee experience using surveys and questionnaires.
Sogolytics’s survey platform comes with inbuilt templates and features like question branching, skip logic, survey customization, etc. It lets you create personalized surveys without hassles and incorporates the best UI and UX features to make them appealing.
- Feedback channels
Capture feedback using multiple channels like online surveys, social media, emails, text messaging, etc. and identify the sentiments to make intelligent decisions on time.
- Voice of the Customer Tools
Listen to your customers from various touchpoints, analyze feedback, and decide quickly on the options for improvement to drive business growth.
- Allows you to create and distribute surveys and questionnaires in multiple formats
- User-friendly platform that supports multiple languages
- Enables you to create and save custom questions and surveys and use them in the future
- The free version has been removed after the company rebranded.
- Limited integration with third-party apps.
- It has a free version available and its paid plans are as follows
- Plus – $25 per month
- Pro – $66 per month
- Premium – $99 per month
11. Google Forms
Google Forms is another alternative to SurveyMonkey. It is a simple and powerful tool allowing users to create online surveys quickly and with ease. Though it can’t be integrated with any 3rd party tools, it has access to all google apps like google docs, sheets, slides, etc.
- Create online surveys easily and quicker
- Allows integration with google workspace, docs, sheets, and all other google tools.
- Help analyze responses with automated summaries.
- Allow you to upload files
- A survey can have an unlimited number of questions
- The response updates can be viewed in real-time
- Enhanced security
- Easy-to-use interface
- Limited design customization for surveys
- Can’t integrate with any 3rd party tools
- Free for personal use
- $12 per user/month for business uses
This tool helps you create versatile online surveys including but not limited to NPS surveys, Quizzes, Polls & Pop-up Surveys. In addition to this, the tool is rich in templates and has a collection of a wide variety of survey questions.
ProProfs allows you to integrate third-party tools like MailChimp, FreshDesk, Zendeak, Constant Contact & SalesForce, making it a desirable online survey tool and a good candidate for SurveyMonkey Alternatives.
- Allows import and export of survey data
- Develops custom URLs for surveys
- Includes multi-channel management
- Support multi-languages
- Provide detailed survey results
- Easy segregation of survey response statistics
- Support multi-lingual surveys
- Allows multiple 3rd party integrations
- Doesn’t include a data analysis tool
- Doesn’t allow integration with any google apps
Pricing: They do allow free trials, but the features available are limited. The pricing is based on the type of survey you do, the pricing for Contextual and Email Surveys are
- Essentials – $79/month
- Premium – $169/month
- Business – Get in touch with sales to get a pricing quote
Now that we have been through the ten best SurveyMonkey alternatives, what’s next?
How do you pick the right one?
Here’s what you can do.
Review each of the survey tools repeatedly. Choose the one that offers you value for your money and offers maximum features in one go. Keep in mind to select one with a great user interface and quick navigation facilities, because that’s really important.
If you are still not sure of what to use, reach out to us! 🙂
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) on SurveyMonkey alternatives
There are many survey software available in the market to compare with SurveyMonkey. If you need the best SurveyMonkey alternative, go for SurveySensum, which is advanced and equipped with many features and functionalities. Even novices can master the UI and functions quickly. Plus it is affordable and its customer support is top-notch.
SurveyMonkey is a survey builder that is too generic. Its basic plan also has too many limitations. On the other hand, Google Forms is a free tool that doesn’t have advanced functionalities and is best for simple, quick surveys. Comparing SurveyMonkey and Google Forms, we recommend you use SurveySensum, a much more sophisticated and popular survey tool that comprises tools and features like NPS, VOC, eNPS, Text & Sentiment Analytics, CES & CSAT surveys, etc.
SurveyMonkey has both free and paid plans. The only concern is that the free version has minimal features, and you can’t make anything out of it. You need to pay a hefty amount for paid plans and advanced features. Try using SurveySensum, which allows you to customize plans according to your unique requirements.
There are hundreds of survey builders and forms available online in the market. If you want the best platform for a survey, try SurveySensum. It is an all-in-one platform where you can efficiently run multiple surveys like NPS, VOC, NPS, CES, CSAT, etc. The intuitive and feature-rich dashboard will give you valuable insights, one-click reports, and much more sophisticated features and functions. It offers a free version and a customizable Enterprise plan as well.